eight core, Quad SLI =O, quad sli is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
Lost.jpg

The game was demonstrated with the code using all eight cores and four Geforce 8800 Ultra graphics cards.
source
First eight core, Quad SLI game demonstrated

meh, ive learn not to trust that site.

i get an avg. or 70FPS on the Lost Planet Performance test. and i've only got 1 video card.

meh, ive learn not to trust that site.

i get an avg. or 70FPS on the Lost Planet Performance test. and i've only got 1 video card.

70 fps at what resolution?

Resolution, every tiny details will affect the fps. If you have it running at exactly the same specs then I find that hard to believe that your GPU is giving you 70 fps while the Quad SLI is only giving it 70 fps.

70 fps at what resolution?

Resolution, every tiny details will affect the fps. If you have it running at exactly the same specs then I find that hard to believe that your GPU is giving you 70 fps while the Quad SLI is only giving it 70 fps.

Merkwürdigliebe;1198399 said:
the FPS was locked at 60 FPS, I don't see why it would be using almost 25% of each core though. Lost Planet isn't even that great a game, graphics and gameplay-wise

Quoting my own words. If it wasn't locked, you would've probably seen 300+ fps, if not more. FPS locking is to minimize power consumption, because the human eye will have a hard time seeing a difference beyond 60 FPS, although picky people can go up to 80fps before they can't tell the difference. Besides, as far as what your eye is seeing, it's always constrained by the reresh rate really, and at max resolutions, most monitors only offer 60Hz or 75Hz.

Yea, if Vsync was turned off, we'd be seeing A LOT more FPS then 60fps.

With two quad cores running @ 3.4ghz per core, 4 8800 ultra's in quad SLI, and a game that's coded to take use of all that, pretty much any game is going to run good at any higher resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom