Swiftech h20 220

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogcaw82

Solid State Member
Just installed the cpu only kit on my tp35d2-a7 with a q6600 b3.
It came with the apogee gt, from heatsinkfactory.com best price I could find slow shipping about a week from cali to VT.
It is my first water kit installed on my first computer I have built. No leaks so far. Install took longer than it should have but next time I will be more prepared.
Not really to much better temps. about 8c lower on the cores when o'cd to 3.1 at 1.325 and temps went to where they were before water at 3.4 at 1.5.

3.1 without water core 44-52
3.1 with water 36-44

3.4 with water 44-52

I am still a newb, but I was hoping for some lower temps.
I couldn't get it to boot past 3.6 at 1.65

I have seen better numbers with the q6600 b3. I am still going to play with it to see what i can get.

If any one has any tips for me I am all ears. I am not scared to read or play around with it. Just been geeking out since i got the comp.

I actually got my g0 to boot at 3690 last night, sadly it was idling at around 45C, so i turned it back down.

when you say 45 is that the cpu temp or the cores?
I am still a newb.
Are the core temps important to pay attention too?
you got water?

try a more efficient loop? whats your current setup on?

also, you might have a cheapo coolant, try to buy some great non-conductive cooling, won't short your pc and it conducts better (if you buy the pricier ones)

its only looped with the processor. I used the coolant additave that came with the kit mixed with distilled water. i put the clock back down to stock and my cpu is at 27/28 and the 4 cores are between 38-44. but i am going to play with the clocks some.

loop meaning, how its connected in the system not, CPU and GPU

how does the line run? res to cpu? res to pump to cpu? pump to res to cpu? ETC.

oh
i followed the instructions which are pump to radiator to cpu to res to pump.
i just tried to oc this thing but it wouldnt boot windows no matter what i tried i had to reset the cmos. i know i have seen someone boot a q6600 around 4.0 i can't even get close. im guessing this board isnt the one to do it.

Does that seem like the most effeciant loop possible?

Does anyone else have any ideas about these temps, would you say they are normal for what I have?
thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom