Some simple build questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

troubl3dmind

Baseband Member
I recently received my financial aid refund for college, and decided to spend it on a good computer since that is what I'm going into, and it might help down the road to have a computer with some speed. Not to mention I want to play games! :)

Here is what I came up with:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Processor - 3.0GHz, 2MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s), Windsor, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2, ADX6000CZBOX, Processor with Fan

MSI K9N4 SLI-F Motherboard - NVIDIA, Socket AM2, ATX, Audio, PCI Express, SLI Ready, Gigabit LAN, USB 2.0, Serial ATA, RAID

Corsair Value Select Dual Channel 2048MB PC4200 DDR2 Memory (2 x 1024MB

Xion DAZL Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with 500-Watt Power Supply

Now a couple of comments. My case comes with 3 fans already. The processor comes with heatsink (i think) and fan. Also I already have a hard drive speakers etc I'm just going to swap them out.

Now a couple of questions. Is everything compatible? I've done tons of reasearch and I'm probably 95% positive everything is but i'd like to get someone else's opinion. Second question, is this a good system? For my winter refund I want to throw two 8600 gtx graphics cards in there. Is this a good choice? I can get both for around 400 dollars.

I guess what i'm asking is: is everything compatible, and will i be able to play directx 10 games when I buy my graphics cards? Some people say that the amd 6000+ runs hot. I don't plan to overclock, so is stock cooling okay? And my last question is will my power supply be suffecient? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

About 500 dollars. 489 to be exact. Probably can't go over either because, like I said, i'm a college student. That's why I want to wait for my next refund to buy graphics hardware. Feel free to change anything around but i'm pretty sure I want that processor. Any suggestions would be great.

If I am asking too much, can someone just tell me if everything is compatible? I don't want to get it and find out I have to wait another week to get one part or something. Any help would.... help! :)

ok.. not so great... why? for the price there are wayy better CPU's then that 6000+ plus you NEVER i mean NEVER use the Stock Case CPU... and why did you cheap out on the RAM?

What cpus are better than the 6000 for the price? The reason i cheaped out on the RAM is because i ordered all my parts at tigerdirect, and when i got to the ram most of the good ones are expensive but with rebates are cheap. Problem is that i heard you rarely get your rebates back with tigerdirect. If you could recommend a better processor and motherboard it would be appreciated, i think the motherboard and processor together are around 270, so if you could give me something within this price range. Also, should i just go newegg?

Money is a big problem, i'm trying to pack a bunch of parts into a 500 dollar budget, so it's not so easy. Also, what do you mean by stock case cpu? If that means the heatsinks and fans that come with the processor shouldn't they be okay if i don't overclock? I would like to get better ones, but like i said money is a problem. I appreciate your help! Sorry i forgot to include this in the top one, and hit back instead of edit.

ok look these up... well get these from Newegg.. which is an overall better site

Crucial Ballistix 2GB RAM Kit
e6750
gigabyte p35-ds3l (do u have a video card btw?)
Coolermaster 690

I don't have a videocard. Because i'm in college and i get financial aid, in winter i get another 500 give or take depending on how much spring tuition is, so that's when i'm going to upgrade.

Also, I want this computer to be able to run right out of the box. (well, after i put it together) I already have an IDE hard drive, speakers, two dvd drives, floppy etc. These things I can swap, but everything else I need to buy.

This is kind of off topic, but is there any way you can click a link and view all of the threads you started? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom