Windows XP 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
eric the research I've done on several sites show no performance gain from xp 64 bit, if anything a decrease.

Techgage - Enthusiast Look: Windows XP 32-Bit versus 64-Bit

[H] Enthusiast - Windows XP Pro x64 Edition Gaming Comparison

Your so sure of your claim but can't provide a link other than stating I know nothing about computers?

Vista has better support for 64 bit and multi-core cpu's and has superfetch to use ram as efficiently as possible, appears a better choice.

you are a little too sensitive. I didn't mean it like that. I apologize if you took it the wrong.
I just stated a fact. People always want you to back up something you say with a link.

everybody know that xp 64 is faster. all you have to do is look up why 64bit was even created

just as you posted those 2 links, I could post 100 more saying otherwise. a link doesn't make something a fact.

it take nerovision 130 minute to convert a divx movie to dvd on 32 bit. it takes 30 minutes on xp 64. I use 64 bit for my video editing. if you think that I lying, check my previos posts. I had explain that to somebody here before

but I will do you one better. I'm going to run performance test 6 and maybe 3d mark

Perf32.jpg

perf664.jpg

these scores are closer this time. however. my 32 bit had just had a fresh reinstall. it had never had a score that high. the only thing that I did different from last time was add a 500 gig hdd. My 64 bit had never been that low either.

this is from the same computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom