Vista -> XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I hate this vista crap. Can i swap the key that came with my laptop for an XP key or maybe use the same key when installing XP?

If someone tried to contact MS to switch, let me know how it went.

I believe if you have Vista Business or Vista Ultimate, you can call MS and they'll let you downgrade for free.

Why is Vista crap? Cause you just dont know how to use it yet? I have used it since Nov and have had little to no trouble with it. What are your troubles and maybe we can help. I mean really why lost a $200 OS for a $50 one?

I didn't pay anything for this Vista key, it came with the laptop. It's Home Premium and I hate it because it takes too much system resources. It's got a bunch of useless crap that I will never use, so why let it bog down my crappy X2 tk-53 processor with 1gb of ram? I can't upgrade this because it's a notebook and both memory slots are taken.

Vista will get better, but my system won't. The minimum requirement of RAM just to run Windows Vista is 1GB (512 for the basic version). It's also very sad that you need 128MB of video to run a crappy windows app. Windows XP requires 128MB of RAM (64Mb for the basic version) and a 300Mhz CPU, not 1GHZ like Vista.

Yeah they shouldnt be able to get away with putting vista on those $400-$500 pos laptops/desktops. It makes no sense from the consumer standpoint. Most noobs look at it as a steal of a deal with the newest os on it. Mean while its no good in multitasking and theres alot of waiting. Vista puts my rig in my comment to shame. Jeez. Atleast the budget computers that came with xp back in the day were fast.

you do Know you can turn off the "extra crap". It doesn't eat up more resources it uses them more efficiently by preloading apps. I like vista I just don't like the layout of the folders and menus

I didn't pay anything for this Vista key, it came with the laptop. It's Home Premium and I hate it because it takes too much system resources. It's got a bunch of useless crap that I will never use, so why let it bog down my crappy X2 tk-53 processor with 1gb of ram? I can't upgrade this because it's a notebook and both memory slots are taken.

So because you cheaped out and bought a junky laptop this is Viusta fault and its crap?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That is a good one. You know that is so funny. I have a laptop with Vista on it that has 1GB of RAM and a TL-56 CPU (I think it TL i know its a AMD something or other) and i have no problem running VIsta Home PRemium. How is that??? Mine barely uses 30% of my resources. Hmmm maybe cause i know how to USE VISTA??

Stop bashing the OS for your mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom