Gah, another leak from my DD equipment ><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
So last night I'm playing FEAR with a whole bunch of buddies. This is my first run in FEAR since flashing my 8800GTX's BIOS over to the 8800Ultra SUPLERCLOCKED Edition's BIOS. So after about an hour I suddenly get the BSoD. I try booting back up and things are seemingly running fine, so I figured it was the card. So I stress tested the card for about 20 minutes and BAM! BSoD again.

So I figure that's for sure the problem. But as I'm booting back up with plans to reflash my card, I start to hear my water pump struggle and I look and it's pumping half the hose with water, and the other half with air bubbles, so of course I'm like OMG and have half a heart attack! At this point I realize my feet are soaking wet and after about 5 minutes of checking all the fittings it turns out that the Fill Cap on the Res had exploded and water was flowing out around the edges.

I e-mailed the guys at DangerDen, so hopefully they will replace the cap for free, who knows. Right now it has a lot of ductape and a sock, and a wad of plastic sheeting over the hole. For now it's working... until the sock gets saturated and I have to change it and fill it back up with more distiled water ><

Things like this are rare ocurances when it comes to water cooling, so don;t let this turn you off to it, but do take caustion in instalation and don't over tighten things. I followed DD's instructions on how tight to make things.. finger tight and then half a turn with a coin (or a wrench on the hose fittings).

Thanks goodness I spent the extra moolah on anti-conductive and anti-corrosive coolant :p

I honestly have no clue why I chose res over t-line.... Ever since I clicked the submit order button, I just can't figure out WHY I chose it ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom