DirectX 10 that big a deal right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
expanding, high details with eye candy looks amazing lol

I like to think of the DX10 effects as literally special effects, when you see a boom, expect a more realistic and beleiveable boom with dx10, or if you see smoke or ambient environments (fog, dust) expect to see it more realistic or more stylized

ya u would know ;)

In DX10, the 2900XT is a really strong performer, in some cases even beating down the GTX, and pretty much dominating the GTS in all games.

most people at the forum don't trust those charts up there.. go for some real benchies from like Anandtech or something

I don't know if i'm right, but aren't those charts before the good drivers for the 2900 came out?

Yes, Exactly! Now things have changed... and people can no longer treat those toms hardware charts like there perfect...

You sir, are mistaken...

You, sir, should check out more than one source before calling others wrong...

X-bit labs - DirectX 10 Games vs. Contemporary Graphics Accelerators (page 6)

X-bit labs - DirectX 10 Games vs. Contemporary Graphics Accelerators (page 7)

X-bit labs - DirectX 10 Games vs. Contemporary Graphics Accelerators (page 8)

Yes, Exactly! Now things have changed... and people can no longer treat those toms hardware charts like there perfect...

You, sir, should check out more than one source before calling others wrong...

X-bit labs - DirectX 10 Games vs. Contemporary Graphics Accelerators (page 6)

X-bit labs - DirectX 10 Games vs. Contemporary Graphics Accelerators (page 7)

X-bit labs - DirectX 10 Games vs. Contemporary Graphics Accelerators (page 8)

You are JOKING right? Who cares about what happens when you absolutely cripple the cards. That's the only realm in which that POS pulls ahead... at a whopping 11 fps too...

Real world gaming, reasonable settings to hit the 50+ fps arena, the 320GTS is better than the HD 2900XT, and a fraction of the price.

EDIT: I thought we'd established this before... no?

You are JOKING right? Who cares about what happens when you absolutely cripple the cards. That's the only realm in which that POS pulls ahead... at a whopping 11 fps too...

Real world gaming, reasonable settings to hit the 50+ fps arena, the 320GTS is better than the HD 2900XT, and a fraction of the price.

2900 is not a POS, it is a good bang for the buck card. The GTS is not better than thee 2900, the 2900 is better...

Yes a fraction of the price. Like 7/8s of the price lol.

280 vs 380? That's 35% more expensive, and for a card (the hd2900xt) that "can sometimes" beat the GTS, I'd still suggest the GTS any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom