Crysis and the 226bw

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a game like Crysis, I want to be able to play on maximum settings, this means that I may have to lower the resolution. Do you think If I set it to 1440x900 or 1280x1024 it will be possible to play in letterbox mode (black bars on the top and sides) to create a smaller screen instead of stretching it to fit my 226bw which is 1680x1050? Do games already support this, or is it even possible?

Well, with you rig, I don't think you're going to be able to play Crysis, at those resotluions on Maximum settings.

We have the same video card, and in Quake Wars, I get around 40-60FPS on an average @ 1280x1024 with high and some medium settings.

So Crysis at the resolutions you want with maximum settings, isn't going to play smooth.

I want to see screens of the beta. Also, the demo has been delayed, fyi, so you can plan on going to bed at a reasonable hour tonight...until Halo 3 is your hands, of course.

also, on a widescreen, LTBX would be black lines on the sides, which is horrid lol.

Well, with you rig, I don't think you're going to be able to play Crysis, at those resotluions on Maximum settings.

We have the same video card, and in Quake Wars, I get around 40-60FPS on an average @ 1280x1024 with high and some medium settings.

So Crysis at the resolutions you want with maximum settings, isn't going to play smooth.

you get 40-60? I get solid 60 unless I get blown up (doesn't matter then) in Quake 4, same card, mines clocked at 600/900 though, don't forget that theres a fps cap default so you might actually be able to get higher :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom