DirectX 10 that big a deal right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me..? 8600GT can handle many games on mid ranged settings. It would be fine for a casual gamer. They are not power consuming, they fit in small form factor cases, they have full hardware based h.264 decoding, they don't run very hot, thus allowing them to have silent configurations.. they'd do great in a media computer. Nobody is buying an 8600GT for a high end gaming computer, and it makes sense, since it's price is pretty low.

I'm talking about the 8600GT, not GTS. But even then, the GTS is a kickass card too.

Use your brain once in a while.

watch that mouth... i know u don't want an infraction from a mod.. so fix it asap..

Overclock.net - Overclocking.net - View Single Post - 8600 Vs 7900

here.. commandercup was talking about extreme overclocking with the 8600gt... and performs with the x1950pro sometimes... and does better at stock in some shader intensive games like STALKER.. i'm guessing he either got lucky... or we at the forum have overlooked a very decent card

LOL? Buddy, I could care less.
NOT AN INFRACTION! PLEASE! As if you're punishing me by not allowing me to give advice to people who need it. If anything, I should be thanked for all the real help I've given to TF, and you should be giving infractions to people like saltynay for giving bad advice.

But yeah, the 8600gt is a decent card. =\

LOL? Buddy, I could care less.
NOT AN INFRACTION! PLEASE! As if you're punishing me by not allowing me to give advice to people who need it. If anything, I should be thanked for all the real help I've given to tech forums, and you should be giving infractions to people like saltynay for giving bad advice.

But yeah, the 8600gt is a decent card. =

i'm not a moderator.. i'm just looking out for fellow techies... :)

Google 8600GT HDCP
There are a lot of stores that claim to be selling 8600GTs that support HDCP. It appears some 8600GTs support HDCP, while others don't.

oh well sorry then, my old 8600gt didn't and some of the others I looked at didnt either so I assumed it was global

never ever ever recommend a 8600gt they are crud and your wrong the entry level is a 8500 but they are also pointless cards

Yo man, I was clearly recommending the 8600GTS which has the same performance as a high-end DX9 card, but can also run DX10 visuals. See the problem with the 8600GT and below is that yes, they can support DX10 visuals, but it won't perform as smoothly as the high-end DX9 card running a DX10 game in DX9 mode. Let me make myself clear here, by "performance" I mean smoothness and the ability to output a consistent framerate, I don't mean visual quality.

The 8600GTS is the absolute minimum if you're thinking about playing DX10 games in DX10 mode, although, the 8800GTS is the better overall value as it will last a lot longer.

The whole thing about the 8600GT (and 2600PRO), as far as I know, is that you can run DX10 games, but you'd have to tweak down to medium quality visuals to actually have the game run smoothly, whereas a high-end DX9 card, which costs the same can play everything maxed out, but in DX9 mode with the same performance and possibly even better visual quality.

Yo man, I was clearly recommending the 8600GTS which has the same performance as a high-end DX9 card, but can also run DX10 visuals. See the problem with the 8600GT and below is that yes, they can support DX10 visuals, but it won't perform as smoothly as the high-end DX9 card running a DX10 game in DX9 mode. Let me make myself clear here, by "performance" I mean smoothness and the ability to output a consistent framerate, I don't mean visual quality.

The 8600GTS is the absolute minimum if you're thinking about playing DX10 games in DX10 mode, although, the 8800GTS is the better overall value as it will last a lot longer.

The whole thing about the 8600GT (and 2600PRO), as far as I know, is that you can run DX10 games, but you'd have to tweak down to medium quality visuals to actually have the game run smoothly, whereas a high-end DX9 card, which costs the same can play everything maxed out, but in DX9 mode with the same performance and possibly even better visual quality.

ya its just eye-candy really... its like this (assuming its on stock speeds)

would you have eye candy on Medium or Low Details?

or no eye candy with high details

ya its just eye-candy really... its like this (assuming its on stock speeds)

would you have eye candy on Medium or Low Details?

or no eye candy with high details

expanding, high details with eye candy looks amazing lol

I like to think of the DX10 effects as literally special effects, when you see a boom, expect a more realistic and beleiveable boom with dx10, or if you see smoke or ambient environments (fog, dust) expect to see it more realistic or more stylized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom