Help OC my Celeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_booto

Baseband Member
Hey ppl

I have a celeron 800mhz! i know its crap so thats why i need a bit of help to get it gong faster! i havn't had much experience OC comps soo if any one can help me it would be cool!:p

read the forums... but you need a good cooling system. What are ur specs of the system? what size PSU, what cooling, how much memory.. u know just ur basic system specs..

sorry should of thought of that (my specs)
2 x 128mb (256) sticks (ahh donno what type exactly.... the stick says sdr 133 i gots no idea what it means tho lol)
stock cpu fan
no case fans
power supply 300 watts (i think)
system bout 37 degrees celcius
system stable

eh... i think ur gona need some case fans and a better CPU fan. but as for as ur specs.. i think ur gonna be ok. But um, how much do u plan to OC? U know.. you can get a 2.0 or like a decent AMD for around 125 dollars or around there now. Maybe you should just keep the celeron and do somthing else with it like run a server or somthing... but u can eaisly build like a 2.0 GHZ system for like 500 dollars.

hahahaha celerons classic!!!!! :p

lol just muck around in bios!
who cares if u stuff sumfin up,
cos then u can get a new comp!

:D

yeah thanx newbie..lol i wanna see you come here and try that :p... thanx for the advice.
i hope to clock it to about 1 - 1.2 Ghz. now how do i do that? and ill be getting some fans on the weekend so cooling should be ok after i get them. i know this CPU cant take much at all soo thats why i only want it up a bit coz some games i resently got ask for a 800mhz as the minimum requirements. soo if anyone could help me jsut clock it just that bit more ill be pleased!

I just went into bios and had a look in there to see if i could just change it easly in there....i found where to do it..i could change 800mhz to 1066mhz, i tried it out and it worked untill it acutaly started going into windows after the welcome screen. i dono what to do can anyone still give me some advice?

lol nah...just rebooted...its XP dont get the blue screen unless you got a seriouse problem.. or am i wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom