Major graphic glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necmo

Beta member
I'm having major issues with running newer games, especially Team Fortress 2. This includes Day of Defeat: Source, Fortress Forever, and Civilization 4 to a lesser extent.

Here are some screenshots from TF2:
ctf_2fort0000.jpg

ctf_2fort0001.jpg

ctf_2fort0002.jpg

I have tried updating to the latest drivers, which is catalyst 7.9...when I did that the game will not even load. It will go to a black screen then totally disappear like I never even loaded the game. I tried several older versions of catalyst with no success.

I tried setting every video option to the lowest quality, no success.

I thought maybe the card was overheating, but I always keep the case open and today I even put a pretty powerful 12" fan pointed at the open case to see if it would help :) It didn't of course. I don't believe the card is overclocked...not too sure.

My specs are
Windows XP Home SP2
ATI Radeon x800 PRO using Catalyst 7.8 driver
AMD 2700+
2x Corsair 512MB sticks of ram
ASUS A7N8X

I'm having major issues with running newer games, especially Team Fortress 2. This includes Day of Defeat: Source, Fortress Forever, and Civilization 4 to a lesser extent.

I have tried updating to the latest drivers, which is catalyst 7.9...when I did that the game will not even load. It will go to a black screen then totally disappear like I never even loaded the game. I tried several older versions of catalyst with no success.

I tried setting every video option to the lowest quality, no success.

I thought maybe the card was overheating, but I always keep the case open and today I even put a pretty powerful 12" fan pointed at the open case to see if it would help :) It didn't of course. I don't believe the card is overclocked...not too sure.

My specs are
Windows XP Home SP2
ATI Radeon x800 PRO using Catalyst 7.8 driver
AMD 2700+
2x Corsair 512MB sticks of ram
ASUS A7N8X
Had the same problem with my X850, it eventually died on me, but i seemed to get a couple more weeks out of it when i took the heatsink off and re-applied some arctic silver, but that only delayed it for a little bit longer.

Leaving the case open will only make your temperatures worse. Don't just guess it isn't overheating because you have a fan blowing on it, get software to tell you the temps at idle and load, especially when it does that.

EDIT: By the way, x800's are known to get very hot. My old X800 GTO used to hit 89*C before I got my Zalman fan for it.

well I have no idea what else it could be other than overheating. How does leaving the case open make the temp worse? ...My case temp is always lower without one of the side panels.

I have ATITool installed, while just browsing the internet the temp is 65-68 C and while gaming it will get in the low to mid 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom