Blu-Ray IDE Drives... Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
A work colleague mentioned to me today that he was seeing Blu_ray IDE drives for like $400AUD (This only reads however, doesn't burn to blu-ray).
I found a Pioneer one,

Pioneer BDC-S02 Blu-ray Reader - $419.00AUD

At the moment I have an ASUS 22" Widescreen Monitor which I watch alot of movies on, it's connected through the DVI Input (Which I'm told is equivalent to HDMI for conventional LCD TV's).

Do you think this would be worth it? and would I even get the FULL HD experience with a monitor like that... Full high defintion being 1080P, I would have only expected 720P. And if it did only support 720P, would a difference really be noticable?

Cheers.

Michael.

Blue-Ray anything is not worth it, at the moment. They're highly overpriced, for what they offer. $400 for a reader? That's just ridiculous. Most 22" might say they support 1080p, but their most common native resolution, is 1680 x 1050. Anything outside of that, 1080p (1920 x 1080) for example, would make the picture look blurry.

agreed with b1gapl, blu-ray = waste. $400 for a darn burner, you could buy vital parts for that price

Actually he stated, that it only reads, and doesn't burn. So yea $400 for a reader, is nuts.

agreed with b1gapl, blu-ray = waste. $400 for a dam burner, you could buy vital parts for that price

your right.... and watch that language... or you may get an infraction man for Filter Bypassing (aka Inappropriate Language) fix it fast!! i don't want you getting one.. seeing that i got 2 already lol....

oops i might have done that a few times
how do you find out?

don't worry about it if its a really old topic.. but if its active... i would go and edit it.. but if its more than 1 day old... your trapped...

but i think extremetech reviewed a cheap blu-ray drive... lemme go and find it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom