First Post, NEW SYSTEM BUILD HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
Ok, I have been a computer troubleshooter/repairman for over a year and have been virtually building a pc for a while now. I was wondering primarily which heatsink i should use, and if this computer is well build. first part, I'm looking at the Ultra Chilltech for socket 775 and the Kingwin Gladiator hybrid. they both have had many awards and much acclaim, but which would be best for me? secondly, this is my system as is sits:

PowerUp Air Intake II case
NVidia nForce 680i SLI mobo

what I'm looking at getting still yet:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 processor
OCZ SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel 2GIG PC6400 DDR2 800MHz RAM
Ultra X3 1000 Watt PSU (who can pass up 70 amps on the 12v??)
Seagate Barracude 7200 rpm 750 gig HD
Sparkle Calibre 8800 GTX 768MB

adding on a SilentX 90cfm 120mm exhaust out the back, and OCZ XTC ram coolers. this is for gaming and graphical design and animation, as well as some high end games such as DDO and WoW. tell me what you think!

welcome to the forum!

Ok i think thats an awesome setup, only thing that stands out to me is the brand of the 8800 GTX, ive never heard of it? get EVGA, XFX or BFG, there the most popular/well known brands.

QX6800 is a waste of money in my opinion. Get Q6600 instead

Western Digital 750GB is faster and quieter than Seagate Barracuda 750GB

lol at first i thought that you were saying that you've never heard of an 8800GTX. and i was like wtf?
hahah

build looks good dude. but yeah, get evga, bfg, or another popular one.

nah sparkle is ok they are good.

umm psu man, way overkill. get corsair 620hx or got silverstone 750w. Regardless of the amps that is just a big amount of money u could save.

cpu is ok but would aim for qx6850 a lil more but features newer steppings and is clocked higher and higher fsb.

680i is overpriced if u really want sli get 650i, imo get dsr3 or p5k p35 chipset.

only other thing i would say is if ur o/c get gskill HZ or crucial ballistix ram

with the heatsinks, currently the thermalright ultra extreme 120 is the best air cooler. also the tuniq tower 120 is great. as5 thermal paste is good and mx-1 pad is even better

P35 chipset unless you want SLI which is a waste anyway.
Drop down to a q6600 g0 stepping from clubIT and spend the extra money on a thermalright ultra extreme 120 (true) unless you want to go water cooling. You can easily overclock a q6600 to 3.6 on air with the TRUE.

nono, He already has the mobo, people!

speaking of which, what is the make?

thanks. my apologies, its the EVGA 680i, and I already have the case. thank you all for the advice, I'll check out the different CPUs you guys gave me. as far as the PSU goes, I'm planning on running dual sparkle cards if the will fit, I've done alot of research and it seems that it enhances performance, and I will be writing my own gaming simulations and I am developing commercials and other stuff from Lightwave. ok, so, running in the end 2 cards, 2 HD's, three extra fans (rear case fan, and the memory cooler) the intel CPU (whichever one I get), 4 gig ram (I chose it because it was SLI ready, but I don't know really what all that will get me or why it will make a difference, just trying to sinc up everything) are you sure that the CPU is stable enough? I don't want to build this rig and have it fail because I didn't get the right thing or not get enough air and or power. again, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom