Crysis and the 226bw

Status
Not open for further replies.

san21893

Uber Sanoob Techie
For a game like Crysis, I want to be able to play on maximum settings, this means that I may have to lower the resolution. Do you think If I set it to 1440x900 or 1280x1024 it will be possible to play in letterbox mode (black bars on the top and sides) to create a smaller screen instead of stretching it to fit my 226bw which is 1680x1050? Do games already support this, or is it even possible?

Heh thats a reason I only got a 19inch monitor...at 1440x900 I bet I get the same FPS with my X1950XT as you do with your 8800 at 1680x1050...anyway you should be able to play at 1400x900 without a problem since thye are both 16:10 widescreen but It really won't look as good.

Use the -w suffix on the Target Line in the shortcut to play in Windowed mode, then just set your desktop to black or something heh But otherwise, just play on a lower 16:10 res, it won't look too bad, but it wouldn't look as good as lowering certain settings and playing on 1680x1050

so you think the game wouldnt play well with a E6750 and a 8800GTS? hmmm id have thought it would play fine? not highest settings but certainly if you turn down one or two things?

a lot of the vids u see is of lower res. mostly because they are of lower optimization levels but it should run fine with gts and e6750. maybe not maxed out on 1680x1050, but who no's maybe they are legendary at optimizing.

ive seen screenshots taken from normal people like me and you(the beta) and it didnt look anywhere near as good as the vids you see on IGN/youtube etc, i get better graphics on Battlefield 2142! but then that was only the beta.

The beta, keep in mind, is beta. Meaning there are flaws to be worked on... not only bugs. Things like graphical optimization and compression will be brought into play on it's final release allowing some people to notch their settings up a bit higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom