Windows XP 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal_Dragon

Fully Optimized
Well, my gaming computer is still hosed, but once I get it back to the land of the working, I am thinking about installing Windows XP 64 bit. A friend of mine gave me 2 legit coppies of XP, a 32 bit and a 64 bit. His school messed up and shipped him 4 discs.... Vista ultimate, a 32 bit XP, and two 64 bit XP's. Yes, they are legit microsoft disc's and all that....

Anyways, I haven't really followed the 64 bit XP. If I use this, is it going to be a pain finding compatible drivers, or will I have software that might be rendered useless?

Just looking for feedback on 64 bit XP.

performance boost from xp 64 bit? never heard of one. Link?

cut it out.

anybody that know anything about computers don't need a link to state what is the obvious. xp 64 is a 64 bit os. regular xp is 32bit

32 bit systems can't even began to utilize a 64 bit processor properly. we won't even discussion the ram thing (32 bit maxes out at 3.1 gig, adding more will slow the system. 64 bit recognizes 120 gig of ram). the future of computing is too let the programs run in the ram instead of the hdd, then save the finished product to the hdd. this will give you blazing speed

edit. BTW I get a 459 score with performance test 6 with 32bit xp. I get a 707 with the 64bit one

we all know that 64bit is faster. it just have a few compatibility and driver issues. sp1 has fix a lot of those already

Thanks for the reply EricB. I look forward to getting Windows XP x64 installed on my gaming rig.... if i EVER get this no POST issue sorted out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom