Help Troubleshooting Problem With Computer Case Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
I built my computer and everything is working fine, but my headphone sound from the computer case output. Can you all help me troubleshoot this. What should I check to find the problem. By onboard sound works.

Ok, first of all, is the front panel sound in your case, is it plugged in to the mobo? The cables should be labeled as AC97 and look at your mobo manual on where to plug that in.

AC97 is not plugged in. The one that is plugged into the Motherboard said HD on it. It is connected to the same line as the AC97. I thought I should connect the HD plug, because I thought that provided better sound.

AC97 is not plugged in. The one that is plugged into the Motherboard said HD on it. It is connected to the same line as the AC97. I thought I should connect the HD plug, because I thought that provided better sound.

then try the other one 0_0

read your mobos manual and your case manual (if it came with one)

your onboard mobo must not support HD, so use AC'97

Actually, my motherboard supports HD audio by default. I did try the AC'97, and it only works with the onboard sound, and not the sound on the front of my case.

Actually, my motherboard supports HD audio by default. I did try the AC'97, and it only works with the onboard sound, and not the sound on the front of my case.

um... how can the AC'97 plugs only work with the onboard sound when its not related to the onboard? the AC'97/HD plugs are from your case (front plugs) to the mobo/sound card...

I may have confused the point. Let me explain. I can plug my speakers into the green plug on my motherboard and the speakers work. I can't get any sound out of the front of my case, even though I have connected the HD plug and then changed it to the AC'97 plug. I get the same thing with either plug. No sound out of the front of my case, but I do get sound out of the back (direct motherboard connection).

One more thing. My motherboard owners manual shows a screen that should come up when I click on the speaker button on the bottom right tray. When i click on that, I don't get the same detailed menu that is supposed to be used to set up sound for AC'97.

Last thing. I don't think I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard. I have not flashed it. I don't know if that may be part of the problem or not.

I may have confused the point. Let me explain. I can plug my speakers into the green plug on my motherboard and the speakers work. I can't get any sound out of the front of my case, even though I have connected the HD plug and then changed it to the AC'97 plug. I get the same thing with either plug. No sound out of the front of my case, but I do get sound out of the back (direct motherboard connection).

One more thing. My motherboard owners manual shows a screen that should come up when I click on the speaker button on the bottom right tray. When i click on that, I don't get the same detailed menu that is supposed to be used to set up sound for AC'97.

Last thing. I don't think I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard. I have not flashed it. I don't know if that may be part of the problem or not.

did you install your motherboards sound drivers? you need to install ac'97 or hd drivers, that may be the problem

and yes you cleared up my conception of your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom