Time to upgrade for orange box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I believe the drives will just be limited to only 1.5GB of bandwidth which is SATA 1. It does not matter since hard drives these days didn't really come close to maxing out SATA 1 I believe it was just better technology so they decided to use it...just how AGP worked.

Went ahead and ordered parts.

My new setup with them:

Socket 939 AthlonX2 4200+ 2.2ghz
2gb DDR 400 (2x 1gb) CAS 2.5 -- GSKILL
80gb SATA I + 250gb SATA II HDD's
ATI x1950pro w/256mb vram
Windows XP Pro SP2

So how will this run HL2 episode 2, or even bioshock?

if you don't know if you can run it... why don't you just preorder orange box now, try out the TF2 beta and see if it runs well?

if you don't know if you can run it... why don't you just preorder orange box now, try out the TF2 beta and see if it runs well?

Im telling you people if you can run CS source well you can run TF2 decent. I'd say from my ridiculous calculations TF2 takes approx 33% more resources then CS source, since I take a 33% fps hit :p

ul max out biochock cause i did.

I disagree with this statement, granted you can run bioshock at max settings with the amd and 1950 setup, the fps won't really be decent enough ( 20 fps and below ). Bioshock is a really powerful and demanding game and if you want to run it at max settings with decent fps ( 40 and above ) it would take nothing less then a 8800 gtx and a core 2 duo or high end overclocked amd processor.

Im telling you people if you can run CS source well you can run TF2 decent. I'd say from my ridiculous calculations TF2 takes approx 33% more resources then CS source, since I take a 33% fps hit :p

I apparently have a weird card, where my max FPS will always be around 80-100 and both games, CSS and TF2 both keep around 80-100 FPS 0_0

I apparently have a weird card, where my max FPS will always be around 80-100 and both games, CSS and TF2 both keep around 80-100 FPS 0_0

All of TF2 maps have HDR lighting while many CSS maps do not have HDR lighting. I only play dust2 ( no HDR lighting ) mostly for CSS and get an fps of around 160 average and get around 100ish FPS for TF2

on a side note thought we should get a tech forum TF2 team going on here since that game requires so much teamwork and thats impossible to get from strangers in a pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom