Card OC questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schecters

In Runtime
I am a bit confused by the ways to go about finding your clock maxes. I was using rivatuner, and got my 7800 gt to 515/1200, from 470/1100. It can go back and forth about what will work when I click test ( 1200 failed, then I backed off and slowly went back up and surpassed, getting to 1225 before failing again). I am wanting to flash my bios so I want to make sure the speeds are right. I decided to use ntune and see if those times work, but everything seems to fail, even if I continue to back off on core and mem.

Any suggestions?

ntune is terribly buggy and will cuase extreme artifacting if you use that to overclock

only use ntune/rivatuner to set fan speeds unless you flash the speeds

atitool is a much better overclocking program for cards

I'm planning on flashing, but finding timings that actually work is what I'm having trouble with haha. And that fact that both programs can't decide what will work.

I'm planning on flashing, but finding timings that actually work is what I'm having trouble with haha. And that fact that both programs can't decide what will work.

timings doesn't = clocks, timings refer to ram timings which is totally different

like I said, use ATITool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom