My Semi-New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baez

Admin / Dev
Staff member
Okay as some of you already know I've been gone from tech forums for a few months now. I built this PC in January but never got a chance to post anything. First mobo I got failed completely so it wasn't up and running until February. First board I had was a Striker Extreme. Switched that board to a eVGA 680i and it has worked perfect ever since. These are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 @ 3.02GHz
Video Card: eVGA GeForce 8800GTX @ 620MHz/1.95GHz
Memory: 4x1GB Corsair C5D @ 550MHz 3-3-3-8-1T Timings
Motherboard: eVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68
Hard Drive #1: WD Raptor-X 150GB 10K RPM
Hard Drive #2: WD Raptor 150GB 10K RPM
Hard Drive #3: Seagate 500GB 7200 RPM
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic 5.1
PSU: OCZ XStreamPower 800W Quad-Rail
Case: Thermaltake Kandalf LCS Black
OS: XP Pro, Vista Ultimate x64, openSuSE 10.2 x64, Mac OSX Leopard

Other Specs/Mods:

Dual DVD Burners
AeroCool Temp/Fan Controller
Tharmaltake WaterCooling System
1 15" Red Cold Cathode
2 12" UV Cold Cathodes
2 4" UV Cold Cathodes
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse
CyberPower 1285VA UPS with 2 hour battery

And a 1.44MB floppy drive!

I also have a ton of small mods that would take forever to include. I can't get my CPU to go any further without RMAing the board. It was one of the earliest versions of the board when quad-cores couldn't run properly. Problem is that I can't find a time when I don't need my comp for a couple weeks. I'm a student in game design and need a comp with this power to do my work at home. Anyway these are a few pics. The quality is terrible because they're from my webcam. My other camera can't be used because the battery is dead and I can't find the charger :(.

Picture10.jpg

Picture8.jpg

Picture11.jpg

CPUZ-CPU.jpg

CPUZ-RAM.jpg

PCWiz-CPU.jpg

Edit: Just ignore what PC Wizard thinks my VCore is at. CPU-Z is the correct one. Not to mention the PC Wizard thinks I have a processor that doesn't even exist!

I am very pleased with the watercooling system built into this case. As you can see in the last pic, with all 4 cores running at 100%, the highest temp it gets is 45C. Not to mention that it's about 30C in my room right now. Pretty hot outside today.

I'll do some tests on it later tonight and post the pics. I really want to try and find a time to RMA this board and see what this CPU can really do with my cooling.

You left out a key piece of information: how long did you have to leave the paper printing machine on?

also the overclocked speeds are a bit different... but then again.. that program is sometimes is like 1 mhz off or so...

a q6600 can get higher than that with an AF7 :/

Please read my whole post first before commenting. I said in the post that the reason I can't get it any higher is beside of the early version of the board. The later versions allow it to go much higher. With those temps and vcore I could get it much higher if the board let me.

Doing some tests now. I'll post them later on.

i like your sig too:

go post in the Rate My Sig Post in the Off Topic Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom