Gigabyte DS3R overclocking and problems help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattchew13

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to know if the DS3R overclocks well and safely and i would also like to know if this motherboard has a sort of CRP feature like ASUS mobos when the PC dosnt POST all you need to do is take out the power cord for 10 seconds and it Resets all the bios setting back to defualt. I have recently had an Asus P5B-E and i really would like another motherboard with this type of CPR feature.
Thankyou

The ds3r is a great overclocker from all I have seen here and from reviews at other websites.

I am not sure on the fail-safe feature though. I will look into it.

The ds3r has a built in cmos reset if it fails to post. It will simply "disable" your overclock. So far i have had my q6600 up to 3.6ghz (9x400) but havent been able to post past 3.6ghz :(

IMO, its a great Mobo for OCing/general use. The CMOS automatic reset saves you a lot of hassle when you get a little to greedy or ahead of your self with an OC. You just have to remember that you have to hit ctrl-F1 in the Bios in order to change your ram timing (i say this cause it doesn't tell you this in the manual).

But I'm not sure if the CMOS auto-reset will 'always' work, but it has for me, if it didn't then I guess you just set the jumpers for ten seconds and your off.

I have yet to run into a problem where the cmos didnt fix itself after a failed post. I'm not even sure where the jumper is on this board.

I have yet to run into a problem where the cmos didnt fix itself after a failed post. I'm not even sure where the jumper is on this board.

The jumper is right above the battery. It may be covered up by you graphics card or whatever is in your x16 slot. When i've had to set the jumper i had to remove my 8800gts to do so. And by the way, did your guy's mobo come with a jumper, cause mine didn't. Luckily i had a spare one from one of my electronic paintball guns. lol. never thought i'd be usin' it for my comp.

Like i said earlier, i honestly didnt know the board had a jumper because i knew it had the built in cmos reset when overclocking.

i love the ds3 mobo.
I have the ds3l and its amzing(recommended by b1gapl)
i have my e6550 at 3.2 so far and im hoping to get it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom