XP file properties prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoidberg

Solid State Member
Hi...

I'm currently having a problem with file properties in Windows XP. When I view a folder in explorer in details mode, some file properties are not available. e.g. Artist, Title, Album etc. I can add the fields to the view but they all appear empty. I know that there is information there though, as I can view the files and full properties on another machine.

Also when I right click on the file and bring up the properties the summary tab is not there for me to be able to edit anything. I have done alot of searching but to no avail.

Any help appreciated !!

Zoidy

Yeah, I'm admin on both machines although the accounts do have different names.

What types of files are these?? By the sounds of your posting, it sounds like MP3 or cda files right? Artist/Title/Album are not part of the standard Windows file properties. However, the summary field that you speak of IS. MS has enabled that summary field for most types of files *.exe; *.doc; *.xls/ etc..... there are a few exceptions however and I cannot recall which ones they are.

The two problems are certainly related but it only seems to affect mp3 files as I can access the summary details on every file except those. May be a Windows Media player setting ?

Just spent another jr trying to fix. Driving me nuts !!! Aaaaargh !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom