Firefox 3 Alpha 8 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
A new alpha version, to be precise Alpha 8, of the upcoming Mozilla Firefox 3 browser has been released two days ago which introduced several new features such as a build in malware protection which can be tested on a publicly available test environment on the Mozilla website.
Add-ons have to use a secure method for auto-updating from now on which means that they either have to be delivered using SSL or digital signatures. The real progress can be seen when you look at the list of bugfixes from alpha 7 to the current version. More than 1100 bugs have been fixed in that time which is quite an achievement.
Several bugs prevail on the other hand. One for instance prevents that Firefox 3 is starting in Windows Vista if parental controls are enabled. If you have been using prior alpha versions of Firefox 3 you should definitely download the new one and replace the old alpha with it.
Read More:
Firefox 3 Alpha 8 Bugfixes
Firefox 3 Download

I don't like FF I prefer OPERA, especially after I found that widget for youtube. I only used FF for its addon for downloading now I sue Opera and Veoh TV for that function. Opera is much beter than IE and FF, or that's what I think, however, give it a try.

what the heck is this, im using firefox 2.0.0.7 at the moment, infact it only came out last week, so is firefox 3 the next one? or is this totally different to normal FF?

bah i here opera people talking about how great it is but i don't hear any reasons why its better.
Lets see you want a reason. How about this. It is faster than firefox WITHOUT THE USE OF EXTENSIONS!! Jsut the browser isntalled itself is faster and can accomplish just as much as firefox without the need or sue fo 300 extensions. You can get a ad filter jsut by adding 1 small .ini file to your profile. Boom ads are gone. No need for the Ad Block extension.

It is faster than the fox even with fasterfox installed. It renders web pages faster by default without having to kill servers with 200 requests as firefox does with the fasterfox extension.

So there. Good reasons why Opera is better than Firefox. I wont even go into the whole Opera has extensions itself along with customability and different skins.

But it is nice to see that they still havent even hit the BETA phase of firefox 3 after what over a year now of firefox 2 being out. Maybe they can hit the Beta phase the same time M$ does with Windows 7.:laughing:

I am talking about the ads on websites. Like this one here with teh Google Ads in the upper right hand corner. You need Ad Block to block most of the ads on the net. As where my urlfilter.ini for Opera has blocked and not even loaded about 90% of the ads out there.

yeah but who cares about those? they don't get in the way?

i guess it all comes down to preference, but your bashing of firefox isn't very nice.

But ideologically speaking FF is totally open source. You cant say that about opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom