very rookie question, sorry....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
one of the things that i never learned how to do was how to make windows see all of a hard drive space above 140gbs. right now i have a 500gbs that i just bought and only 130gbs of it is being seen by windows xp pro. i no its really shamefull at this stage not to know to do this. but am still willing to learning, hence my question on this forum. also for some reason all my ram isnt being picked up as well. i have 4 gbs and only 3.25gbs is being picked up. any way i can fix that as well? thx for the advice.

The first problems lies with the operating system. Did install Windows XP SP2 yet? If not, then you can only see 137GB of HD space maximum.

The 4GB problem is yet another barrier. You probaly have Windows XP 32-bit Edition. A 32-bit can only see up to 3-3.5GB of RAM. You need to get a 64-bit operating system to see all the ram.

if you have no video card but your running on your onboard then the onboard video card needs to grab couple MB from the RAM to use it as video memory

lol peter makes me laugh every day, onboard gfx is max 256mb, it uses about 60MB max,

on my parents pc it has 256mb onboard gfx and uses 40mb of 1GB RAM

The first problems lies with the operating system. Did install Windows XP SP2 yet? If not, then you can only see 137GB of HD space maximum.

The 4GB problem is yet another barrier. You probaly have Windows XP 32-bit Edition. A 32-bit can only see up to 3-3.5GB of RAM. You need to get a 64-bit operating system to see all the ram.
i got a 300GB HDD and ive never had a problem with winxp showing all of it, maybe thats because im always up to date ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom