An angry person not getting permissons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldj

Baseband Member
Hello,

I'd just like to start by saying: Vista ****ing sucks. I've spend the last three hours trying to get myself permission to edit 3 system files. I've tried everything. MoveOnBoot & Unlocker both say access is denied. Command Prompt run as administrator says access is denied. Ive tried for 1 hour to try to wake up the fabled 'Administrator' account to no avail (Ive tried the registry approach & the command prompt approach). I've tried everything that I can think of, and in the midst off all this, my task bar has stopped working, so I don't know what time it is (lucky they invented timeanddate.com). Any help for ANY of these would be MUCH appreceiated.

Using Vista Home Premium (but not for much longer... it'll soon be under my cars tires)...

-Donald J

Try turning off User Account Control (I think that's what it is). Its in the User Accounts section, just uncheck it/restart. That should give your more access.

LOL, I've seen that one xD. thought it was hilarious xD. Also... I've used Vista (I have to use it at work on PC's that people are buying when they have us do data transfers from their old to new PC's), and it's really not that bad. You just have to get used to how things are set up...

well that movie was when it first came out... but today its WAYYY better than it originally was.... i mean people couldn't use their X-fi soundcards when vista first came out

Vista is fine dude. Just boot into safe mode and change the permissions. I have directions on how to enable the built in admin account in normal mode, but it doesn't work on home.

Note when putting a new OS think of searching for issues, support and feedback online before starting using it, this would make it operate better.

Vista is fine dude. Just boot into safe mode and change the permissions. I have directions on how to enable the built in admin account in normal mode, but it doesn't work on home.
Check the Vista sticky around page 54 or 56. I have the guide up there how to get the Admin account for all versions of VIsta.

As for this either use that guide or turn of UAC.

SUCCESS!!

I tried safe mode... I read through the Admin account setup thingy in the Vista Sticky... I tried a couple other things, but what I did the worked was this:

I went to the properties of the file>Security>Advanced>Edit>Selected My Account>Remove>Add>Advanced>Find Now>Clicked My accout>OK>Selected Full Control>OK>OK>OK... then I could do what I wanted to my file!! WOOT!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom