Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,

My current temps are:
CPU (Zalman CNPS9500 LED) :
idle = 38c
load = 41c

But my BIOS says that my idle is 28c , which should i believe everest or BIOS?

Secondly, my case fans are loud and i would like to buy 4x80's that are silent and have good airflow.

Please suggest some fans , and what do you think about my temps
BIOS vs. Everest ?

Thanks,
Preacher

Most people are going to suggest yate loons just because they are fairly quiet and still cheap. If possible you might try to modify the fan mountings and put 120mms instead, they will move more air and be quieter than 80s. Also if you get coretemp it should be the most reliable, and always trust the bios :)

Get 120mm fans if you can, they shift loads of air and are quieter than any 80mm will ever be

bios and everest should be the same since they use the same temperature sensors....

try comparing speedfan temps and everest temps, if they are the same its probably accurate

if anything, your CPU is throttling when you check your BIOs so there is a signifant temperature drop

I'm not sure what the equivalent for Intel is, but AMD proccesors use AMD Cool & Quiet systems, you have to disable them in the bios, what they do is throttle the CPU to reduce power usage (saves money) when the CPU isn't in use, you can leave it on or off, your choice

If i leave it on that means more electricity, which means temps go up, tell you the truth im fine with my temps. I just need help choosing fans.

If i leave it on that means more electricity, which means temps go up, tell you the truth im fine with my temps. I just need help choosing fans.

well you lose performance? when its not running anything big, it'll throttle, you'll save a small bit on your electricity billl, but I guess thats ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom