Memory Failing Memtest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grievearz

M.C. Etcher
I have 2GBs of Ballistix Tracers (1066). My computer was crashing now and then and kept failing memory tests such as Memtest and Everest Home memory benchmarks. Normally this would be a simple answer for me, I'd just RMA them and get new sticks. I took some memory out of another a computer that was working perfectly (667) and ran them in memtest and they also failed at around the same place.

All the memory was run at stock settings and stock timings. Is there any other settings that could be causing my memory to be failing?

I have 2GBs of Ballistix Tracers (1066). My computer was crashing now and then and kept failing memory tests such as Memtest and Everest Home memory benchmarks. Normally this would be a simple answer for me, I'd just RMA them and get new sticks. I took some memory out of another a computer that was working perfectly (667) and ran them in memtest and they also failed at around the same place.

All the memory was run at stock settings and stock timings. Is there any other settings that could be causing my memory to be failing?

test a 3rd pair of ram sticks and see the results, the mobo may be defective but this is unusual...

I don't have a third pair to test. It's strange, when I turn my overclock down below 3 Ghz, my computer no longer freezes randomly but my memory still won't pass Memtest. Should I go ahead and RMA them?

I don't have a third pair to test. It's strange, when I turn my overclock down below 3 Ghz, my computer no longer freezes randomly but my memory still won't pass Memtest. Should I go ahead and RMA them?

you need to underclock your ram.. unless you have a proccesor with an unlocked multiplier (unlikely) your using your FSB/HTT to overclock... that speeds up how fast your ram is running, thus if the stock speeds of the ram are 1066 MHZ, they speed up to 1200 MHZ or more depending on how high your FSB/HTT is.

you need to go into your bio's advanced settings and make sure the ram is slightly underclocked

Memory is running right now at 1066, with the processor at 3Ghz (333x9). I've tried tons of settings and I still can't get it or the other set to pass the memtest.

The voltage is 1.8 + .4 = 2.2 which is the recommended voltage.

Memory is running right now at 1066, with the processor at 3Ghz (333x9). I've tried tons of settings and I still can't get it or the other set to pass the memtest.

The voltage is 1.8 + .4 = 2.2 which is the recommended voltage.

What are your overclock settings? Your NBCC could be overclocked too much....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom