When will I see DX10 on my Windows XP Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
Still waiting for the 163 nvidia drivers and DX10.. I've been waiting for this moment for quite a while. I'm extremely excited for Crysis and Halo 3 demos on the 25th, but really excited to see the results of a good DX10 game on my 8800...

EDIT: Sorry >< Wrong forum.. mod move this if you want :-/

XP won't be getting DX10. It's Vista-only. So if you wanna play with DX10 on your 8800, you'll have to get Vista.

XD I'm not much of an application person so I could be missing some things but vista's been running better for me than XP ever did. sp2 or not. Been about a month now and only have 1 pet pieve with the power saver options not saving ^^. It's a relatively painless switch IMO no real reason not to. Of course I hear there's lots of old software incompatabilities and such, depends what you do I guess. I havent had any trouble playing any game's i've DL'd. I could be just lucky I guess.

I upgraded to vista a few months ago with fear and trepidation... It works fine. I had no problems at all and it boots and runs faster for me than XP ever did. As long as you have relatively current hardware and software, it shouldn't really be an issue - I'd recommend upgrading. Just my 2cents though...

Microsoft wants people to buy their Vista product and one way to ensure that is to make DX10 only compatible with said product. From a business perspective, it's a great idea - from a fairness perspective, though, it kind of sucks.

no doubt illegal... I wouldn't reccomend talking about that anywhere

thats not true... we've asked Trotter if we could discuss it.. and he said its cool... cuz nobody wanted to move to Vista really quickly.... and we discussed taht for months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom