cpu upgrade. (s939)

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the last time, I was not willing to spend $100. When I will have a whole new rig in time. 0_0 durrrrrrrrrrr, I think I mentioned that about 3 times.

We get it sphincter. We were just letting you know regardless of price sometimes you need to spend more for better price/performance

Why would I want to spend $100 on a new cpu in a computer that is 2 years old? I didn't have $100 to spend on a cpu at this time. Also, you guys are blowing this performance difference between the 2 way out of proportion.

If you are going to call someone a sphincter, at least capitalize it. After all it is a name.

amd dropped the bigger cache for a reason.
and my 50 dollar 3600 competes with some c2ds, as long as we are not talking about superpi :p
lance you are correct the performance difference between the 3800 and the 165 is not 100% in the opty's favor, therfore a 100% increase in price is not justified. simple math you guys dont hammer on lance because he made the smart decision, instead of the one you would have made. its a fine choice, no need to spend that much on a 939 upgrade.
your new 3800 will go 2.7 i bet no problem.

the cahce makes little difference in amd cpus.
i think apokalipse's 6000 will encode dvds a little faster. it will definitely do superpi a little faster.
cache is not as important in amd cpus, like it is in intel cpus.
now, if you were encoding dvd or compressing constantly, the larger cahce WILL make a difference. but generally, no it is not that big of a deal. the cache size isnt what makes it competitive with a c2d. its the overclock AND the program being run. cos i can assure you that an overclocked opty cant touch an e6300 at superpi.

the opty doesnt support HTT 2.0 i believe, which is lower performance overall because AMD processors servers n desktops alike depend on the HTT.

the cahce makes little difference in amd cpus.
i think apokalipse's 6000 will encode dvds a little faster. it will definitely do superpi a little faster.
cache is not as important in amd cpus, like it is in intel cpus.
now, if you were encoding dvd or compressing constantly, the larger cahce WILL make a difference. but generally, no it is not that big of a deal. the cache size isnt what makes it competitive with a c2d. its the overclock AND the program being run. cos i can assure you that an overclocked opty cant touch an e6300 at superpi.

In one of my last post I said "regardless he still made a good decision". I just told him what I would've gone for not to return it and get an opty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom