Computer Freezes During Games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrak

Beta member
:(

I just built this computer for myself so I wouldn't have to deal with things like this. I can run regular programs like iTunes or Word Processor fine. I can surf the internet fine. But whenever I play a game that puts stress on my computer, it will usually freeze after awhile. I can even get it to crash faster by maxing all the settings. When I run MemTest it gives me errors, and eventually freezes my computer. I then put another 2 sticks of memory that I KNOW work, and they too gave me errors and froze my computer. I even put my original RAM into another computer, and it ran tests for hours with no errors, so I have ruled out the RAM. Any ideas on why it gives me these error messages or why my computer keeps freezing?

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3GHz not overclocked
ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) (PC2 6400)
MSI NX8800Ultra
Thermaltake Toughpower W0116RU 750W power supply

I've been trying to help him out, (we both go to the same uni.), and we tried my memory in his comp and he got errors in memtest and then tried both his and mine in my computer and didnt get any errors.

So from my personal view Im thinking the only thing it really could be is the motherboard.

If anyone knows more about this than me please feel free to speak up and we'll see if we can get this mess sorted out.

-aspire

Thanks for the input, Ill be meeting with syrak tomorrow and we'll check and see if that solves any of his problems.

I have pretty much the same mobo (P5N32-SLI Premium) and memory and I have the same problem. I'm thinking it's the Mobo/Memory combination but that's just a guess.

Well It cant be just the combination of that memory and that motherboard, because I put my ram into the board and it had like 30 errors in memtest in the first 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom