Another Dilema for Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I always push my RAM first to find its max OC so that I know if it's the culprit or not (if I know my RAM can do 500mhz and the FSB is at 400mhz then I know it's something else, not the memory)

Then I nudge up the vcore and some of the mobo voltages as well.

also you should at least be able to do 333fsb (2.33ghz) with all stock voltages if your memory is set to a 1:1 ratio with the FSB

Also why are you considering a new CPU when your RAM is crap :confused: no offense :p

Lol. Guess what ! I overclocked my CPU from 266 Mhz to 270... it starts up... Blue Screen after XP Loaded into login, check :C Drive reboots... did it again.. so i loaded 'Fail safe deafults' from bios. and it still does it, hence im on my dads pc. I absolutely hate PC's sometimes, the day before i get a new game aswell.
Next time, screw building my own pc, and trying to make a slow one fast. I shall just save longer and by a Voodoo/Vadim/Alienware or XPS system.

:mad:

[EDIT] Aha... it hasnt rebooted this time, its just checking NTFS file system... and no doubt it will fail and then i will reinstall XP and go through all that **** again.

how do you intend i do that when it doesnt even get to desktop :mad:

Thats it. This is the only advantage of liveing in an afluent family. We try to live normal, because rich is very boring. But this is it, i have had enough. I am ringing up alienware. and using the money my mum and dad have earnt.

O wait,

what you recon:

Alienware
Vadim
Voodoo
Dell XPS
???

Those computers are all crazily overpriced and slower than cheaper overclocked rigs.

And you run memtest by booting off the memtest cd that you burn on another spare puter. Or bootable usb stick

It is, if only i could prove it. You get excited about things like 'Oo just 10 more pounds and i can get that 8800GTX Knockout edition. Thats exciting, you get a sense of fullfilment. Comeing home, finding a game doesnt run properly and order a 8800Ultra is just plain boring. You don't treasure things as much either, life is just boring. Were not rediculously rich, just enough to live to easily, something like 230K a year...i dunno. But anyway, we give most of it away to charity, keep 30 for ourselfs after tax, and that makes life intersting and fun, but relaxing knowing theres always soemthing there if your desperate.

Ok desperate is overkill, if we need a new car, were obviously not going to say ow we cant afford one lets live without a car, tahts takeing things to far. We just buy a new car :) but not a super fast raceing car, a normal car.

Gurusan, i dont care wether it costs £20,000. It will work, and it will be fast. I wont need to overclock it, i wont need to sort it out, i wont need to install XP. everything will be done for me, and everything will work, and if it doesn't. I will phone them to fix it.

So which make should it be ?

Gurusan, i dont care wether it costs £20,000. It will work, and it will be fast. I wont need to overclock it, i wont need to sort it out, i wont need to install XP. everything will be done for me, and everything will work, and if it doesn't. I will phone them to fix it.

So which make should it be ?

And you won't learn anything either :p

Anyway....i would probably choose alienware as they are dell now and have the most reasonable prices

Kman, you are retarded. the e6300 should easily overclock if you actually knew what you were doing. The 8800gts would be the best game improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom