Windows XP PRO vs. 4 GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tired of people saying that you can have too much RAM. You can never have too much RAM! I have 2GB and there are DAILY instances where so much is used up that I could REALLY benefit from more. If you bought the RAM, you should be able to use it man.

what salty said....
it's not ms ppl....it's the old architecture...hence why I worded it hardware not software more or less ;)
it's complicated sort of, if you read up you'd understand easy enough...io, bios, etc

wrong 64 bit does have a ram limitation its 120gb though

and its not a Microsoft decision it is unanimous amongst all 32 bit operating system you can't get an OS not even a linux 32 bit that will address more then 3-3.5gb of ram

they still lied about it. we figure out 2-3 years ago that upgrading from 2 gigs to 4 gig made your system slower. we complained to ms. they said to upgrade to 64bit or wait for vista as it wouldn't have this issue.

wrong 64 bit does have a ram limitation its 120gb though

and its not a Microsoft decision it is unanimous amongst all 32 bit operating system you can't get an OS not even a linux 32 bit that will address more then 3-3.5gb of ram
No desktop mother board can support that much RAM in the first place. That is more for servers than desktop machines that a person runs from their house. So saying that it had no limit was just meaning that with the mother boards available on the market, most of which max out at 16GB of RAM. So expecting to reach the limit of 120GB is unthinkable with the common motherboards.

About the architecture...Gee they have the same kernel for both of the Vista versions. It is both 6.0 and after SP1 it will be 6.1, why cant they continue trying to make the platforms more unifed instead of making them more competative. Thats right. Cause then they would lose money from both markets if they were equals on teh OS side. My bad.

M$ is greedy. That is why they dont make the 32 Bit OS recognize more RAM. Espically today. Linux coders jsut cant get that far. They are open source so why should they care about any kind of standards. It is because they are not capable of coding the OS for 64 Bit that is why there is none out there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom