Building the Ulitimate (VISTA Experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all of the different variations of builds. I'll wait a few more months and just start saving to do it right. Instead of trying to piece it together. Is that cool with all of you if I bug you again down the road?

No, man, thats not cool. These people put a lot of hard work into telling you what to build and you are just gonna wait? The audacity...Heh i kid. But dont wait too long, at some point you just gotta buy, unless you're waiting to have more money for the system. Dont get roped into the "but i'm waiting for the next big thing" game, or you'll never end up buying a system.

No, man, thats not cool. These people put a lot of hard work into telling you what to build and you are just gonna wait? The audacity...Heh i kid. But dont wait too long, at some point you just gotta buy, unless you're waiting to have more money for the system. Dont get roped into the "but i'm waiting for the next big thing" game, or you'll never end up buying a system.

Oh yeah, I know you're kidding, and I do really appreciate all of your help. The reason I am waiting is the money. I could buy a new piece every two weeks or do the whole thing in one swoop in a couple of months.

Trust me I want the best possible thing I can get, but I know how fast it all gets outdated.

Re: Thank you both so very much

no that won't work. for basically every RAID level to work properly (if at all) same capacity drives are required (identical drives preferred). the two pairs could each be put in a RAID 0 array.

My mobo is capable of doing RAID 0 of non identical drives. but the storage capacity is limited to the lowest capacity and speed which is really pointless but it does work.

Re: Thank you both so very much

My mobo is capable of doing RAID 0 of non identical drives. but the storage capacity is limited to the lowest capacity and speed which is really pointless but it does work.

That's odd I have two different drives too a 160 and a 250. They do operate at the 160 gb but they have never run as smooth as when I had the two 160s of the same brand.

Case - Antec 900 (From zipzoomfly.com) or Your choice...
Motherboard - ASUS P5K Deluxe
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz (From ClubIT.com)
RAM - 2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX 768MB (From zipzoomfly.com)
Power Supply - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w (From zipzoomfly.com)
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE16 750GB
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Optional Aftermarket HSF - Tuniq 120 (From svc.com)

It's around the $1500-1600 range.

Why the western digital hdd's??? aren't the Seagate's and Samsung's still better???
Vista has proven to be most efficient at 4gb of ram so double up that 2x1gb and you will be golden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom