cpu upgrade. (s939)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The opty isn't worth the extra money in it's performance. It may be better but no 45 bucks more better I think.

I can get this x2 3800 to 2.6 easily I would presume, and it was $55 or $57. With free shipping. It also came with a free copy of Splinter cell double agent.

The only advantage I see in the opty is the 1mb L2 cache. For me it just isn't worth the $40 some odd dollars more.

And anyway, I already made the purchase. :p

Wow, thanks for making this posts. I hadn't realised the s939 X2 had dropped down that low. I'm gonna buy one and hopefully this will allow me to keep my system going for another year :) A X2 and the raid I'm gonna set up should give a nice improvement.
Now I just need to find a deal on some ddr1 ram and a hard drive. Dang staples ran out of their $50 400gb hdd :(

Cheapest I could find some decent ddr400 ram was $100 for G skill. It was 2 1gb sticks (2 gigs total) It is more expensive then ddr800 performance ram. :(

Yeah the ram prices suck. I was thinking of just buying 1 gb more for about $50 but for $75 I could get some really good ddr2 and then just spend $30 more on the cpu and get the new pentium and a new mobo for about $100. But I can't really justify spending that kind of cash right now.

i got some 3 month old corsair 1gb of ram. Its the value select i believe.
Im not even using it anymore...ill give to you ya for $40 shipped.

Opty has 2mb cache. I had mine at 2.8 on stock voltage w/ Gskill Ns' @ ddr500 with low timings. It was a beast for s939. If I were you I would've gone for an opty instead. Too late now though. Still a good choice regardless.

for the last time, I was not willing to spend $100. When I will have a whole new rig in time. 0_0 durrrrrrrrrrr, I think I mentioned that about 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom