I need advice building a 5-6k USD 'puter

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I dont need to spend that much, but that is what I have budgeted. I am a little concerned about the motherboard. I have just found a site that warns against them. What I am looking for is a good futureproof gaming computer.

I'm running the Striker Extreme right now. I LOVE it. It's worth evert penny and more. It is for sure the best baord you're going to find as of right now. It's fast, very good overclocker, and if you read the manual, it will work.

There are a lot of little nit-picky things about this baord, which is to be expected for high performance, which will require you to do a bit of reading. If you're going to go gaming, Striker Extreme is the way to do it.

I would steer clear of ultra power supplies. If you run a single ultra you could get away with a corsair 620watt. Which is a good quality unit.

Heres the deal, my boss has given me the green light to build a computer so that in a year or two when he needs me to build a ultra computer I will be able to do it. This is why I would like to build one that will allow me to do a lot of tweeking. (I also want to get into gaming)

The P35 board does not support Crossfire or SLI

This is wrong. P35 can support crossfire

OK, I dont need to spend that much, but that is what I have budgeted. I am a little concerned about the motherboard. I have just found a site that warns against them. What I am looking for is a good futureproof gaming computer.

I'm running the Striker Extreme right now. I LOVE it. It's worth evert penny and more.
That may be, but you are running 2GB of RAM. Think before you advise!
Do worry about this- it is a great MoBo, but if you are going for 4GB RAM, expect MANY MANY problems. Go with the eVGA NF680i instead if you want SLI.

Nice budget. I agree with the stacker 830 suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom