I need advice building a 5-6k USD 'puter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that Silverstone make some of the highest quality cases out there.

Lian Li, Silverstone, and the Stacker are all on the same quality chart so it does not matter. Plus I would nt prefer to have a 1000w CM case psu running my 5k rig. You would find something more along of lines of this in my rig
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST1000 ATX12V / EPS12V 1000W Power Supply 100 - 240 V RoHS, CE, FCC - Retail

EDIT: Ah i see your going 2x226BW for extra widescreen. Unless if they updated the technology you can not run dual-monitors with SLI or Crossfire setup I believe. However I was in the dark for a few months so this may have changed.

I don't want this guy to waste his money though really..plus once again If im not mistaken SLI does not let you run dual monitors at the same time.

Also krazyg Crossfire HD X2900XT beat SLI 8800GTX's for a lot cheaper...the new Radeons scale in crossfire a lot better than the 8 series in SLI.

I don't want this guy to waste his money though really..plus once again If im not mistaken SLI does not let you run dual monitors at the same time.

he does NOT need ultra...seriously ppl stop suggested that.
GTX in SLI will be PERFECT!

I didn't say get SLI Ultra's...im saying go Crossfire HD 2900XT's since they are just as good as SLI Ultra's...they beat the GTX's

So your saying if I go with 1 monitor I would only need a...
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX Superclocked / 768MB GDDR3 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card?

Honestly with two monitors like that I doubt a single 8800GTX could handle games at max settings with excellent framerates and thats what your going for here.

Once again I highly suggest going Crossfire HD X2900XT since I believe that SLI does not support multiple monitors but Crossfire does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom