New Cooler for 8800GTX. Very high clocks and very low temps! (Over 13.1k in 3DM06!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
(pics)New Cooler for 8800GTX. Overclocked, temps 30°C Lower (Over 13.1k in 3DM06!!)

I just installed my Thermal Right HR-03 Plus a bit ago! This thing is.. AWESOME! It's performing MUCh better then I thought it would! Although.. I did put a 120CFM 90mm Fan on it (No typos, it runs at 60dB!! Sounds like a small hand-vacuum!! However, I've never been one to sacrafice performance for ambient noise ^^

Anyways, the new cooler dropped my temps by 30°C! My idle temp is now 39°C and my load is 54°C. And this is just minutes after instaling the cooler. Once the AS5 and Thermal pads cure, they'll for sure be even lower.

My clock speeds are now the same as the eVGA 8800Ultra SUPERCLOCKED Edition, so it preforms as well and runs a helluva lot cooler too! This thing is performing better then water would!

What surprised me was it actually bumped my CPU score up a bit, but I suppose that makes sense.. Anyways, check out the 13,196 score on 3DMark06! Futuremark - ORB - Project Comparison

(I'll post the pics and a video of this beast tomorrow :p)

EDIT: Here are the pics!

The whole package. That's the new 80mm 120CFM fan sitting there, called the Tornado. That thing is absolutely beastly. You know it's on, that's for sure!
1.jpg

Oooooooo Shiny......
2.jpg

Here's the board before adding the GPU sink. Those ramsinks were **** to keep on as the thermal pads were so weak uncured...
3.jpg

And there she is! This is before putting the fan on though. See the video for that!
4.jpg

I took a short video of the super fast boot, the lighting, my light control mod, and my computer in general. YouTube - Alexinators New Cooling

Re: New Cooler for 8800GTX. Very high clocks and very low temps! (Over 13.1k in 3DM06

Congrats, Alexinator. Post your score on the 3DMark06 Top List, and I'll edit you in with the new score.

Re: New Cooler for 8800GTX. Very high clocks and very low temps! (Over 13.1k in 3DM06

were you running the stock heatsink at 100% for the 30 degree decrease?

Ummmm.. What? No, my stock cooler ran me about 70°C at 100%. The Thermalright HR-03 Plus brought my temps down 30°C

Bump. Added pics and a video, enjoy.

how much did you spend total on the aftermarket cooling for the gtx?

sweet.

why didnt you just get a GPU waterblock?

edit* my god that fan is LOUD

Phwaarr.

How can you turn the computer on and not want to hit it with a hammer?

Surely you've reached your clock maximum- can't you just turn it down a bit and let the temp rise a few degrees, without losing performance.

It would kill me having that kind of noise.

Still, kudos for the performance/temps

thats true...sounded like a freaking vacuum...or a jets engine.

Wouldnt a 120mm fan with a slightly lower cfm do about 90% as good without sounding like a hair dryer? Reminds me of the old videos for the first dual slot video cards with the super loud fans. I forget which card it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom