Building a basic rig, need mobo/ram/vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have me thinking now...

Any real reason to go Intel over AMD? (I don't want to start an Intel vs AMD battle)This PC will not be used for gaming. Occasionally I use her PC to encode a movie or something when I don't want to tie up my PC but other then that, it's really just a basic system. It does need to last a couple years though, so I am trying to get reputable items to keep it running. I don't have a problem spending more to keep it around a while longer.

Does AMD encode video and rip video well in comparison to an Intel C2D?

Looking at some other posts the AMD build seems pretty solid and I notice it's recomended a lot.

I will sell you my setup which will last years. its number 1 in my sig. Or I could sell you parts like the mobo, cpu, graphics card, cd rom drive rewriteable.

I will sell you my setup which will last years. its number 1 in my sig. Or I could sell you parts like the mobo, cpu, graphics card, cd rom drive rewriteable.

i doubt that.... single core is dated... it'll die like when the new "true quad-cores" come out... but he could buy it.. and upgrade the CPU to an Opteron 165 or something...

^ lol...

but i made an edit to the original....

"and upgrade the CPU to an Opteron 165 or something..." was my addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom