Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, not sure if this is actually a problem or not...but I notice that when my PC is idling, or not using much resources, my ACF7 will either not spin at all, or only occasionally spin. Is this normal for this HS? Because my e6750 is idling at around 30*C. PC's been running fine for about a week with this, and wasn't sure if I should be concerned or not? The fan does function underload/on boot up though, and it shows my CPU is at 27*C in BIOS. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

As long as it's not overheating, I think it's ok. But the HSF should be on at all times. So you're saying that with the HSF off, your E6750 idles at 30C?

Well there's still the heatsink, but the fan just isn't blowing. Not sure if this is normal for the AC7P? *checks Everest*

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type ITE IT8718F (ISA 290h)
GPU Sensor Type Analog Devices ADT7473 (NV-I2C 2Eh)
Chassis Intrusion Detected Yes

Temperatures
Motherboard 18 °C (64 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 15 °C (59 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 13 °C (55 °F)
Aux 41 °C (106 °F)
GPU 40 °C (104 °F)
GPU Diode 52 °C (126 °F)
GPU Memory 41 °C (106 °F)
GPU Ambient 39 °C (102 °F)

The fan is not currently spinning on the AC7P. The rear case fan is spinning right beside it, though, so i wonder if that's making a difference? And the cable IS plugged into the CPU_FAN control on my board.

And those are idle temperatures? That's really hard to believe, if the HSF is off. Unless you live in the Arctic.

Yeah, that's idle. I just have MSN/AIM giong, and 3 IE windows. And other misc processes that are in the bg of course tho too. Haven't looked to see what my load temp is, because I haven't checked while I play BioShock or something similar...and it plays that just fine o_O.

Ok... just looked in my BIOS, and I think I see why it doesn't spin all the time:

Smart Fan Control Method
[x] Auto
[ ] Intel QST
[ ] Legacy
[ ] Disable

Smart Fan Control Mode
[x] Auto
[ ] Voltage
[ ] PWM

Looks like the fan control is set to auto by the BIOS? And while I was in BIOS...it was at 24*C, and after boot it was just above 30*C. The fan was spinning while booting up, as well.

if you have it on smart monitor then i wont spin until it passes the threshold (probably set to either 32 or 35 oC in your case), you do not have to worry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom