Still unsure about the 7900gs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys:

Newegg.com - MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

thats in his price range, and about on Par with the 7900gs..... and still's got DX 10 capability.. but it'll still be poor in DX 10 gaming...

we already mentioned the 8600 GT as a DX10 card in his price range, we ruled it out because of its mediocre performance compared to the 7900gs...

if you want DX10, an 8800 GTS 320 MB IS MINIMUM! anything lower is a waste of your money unless you get something like the 8600 GTS so you can watch HD-DVDS and Blu-Ray (HDCP)

wait.. thats the 8600gt... wtf!!! i specified gts... that was what my pal was ordering... original link edited... but i agree with b1gapl that the 7900gs owns..

wait.. thats the 8600gt... wtf!!! i specified gts... that was what my pal was ordering... original link edited... but i agree with b1gapl that the 7900gs owns..

I agree with my card, the 8800 gts rapes :p

anyways, if its the gts... isn't that nearly the same as gt? you can just overclock the gt to get to the gts since it won't offer marginally better performance

if anything... wait until the 8700's if your on a low budget

don't forget the 8600GTS can overclock quite well and is a decent gaming card
but if your going to spend that much the x1950xt is a better option

I agree with my card, the 8800 gts rapes :p

anyways, if its the gts... isn't that nearly the same as gt? you can just overclock the gt to get to the gts since it won't offer marginally better performance

if anything... wait until the 8700's if your on a low budget

well the 8600gts oc's better because it requires a Cord to power it... like the higher-end cards... while the 8600gt can hit gts speeds.. its pretty much limited...

I have a evga 7900gs. The only game a just can't play at 1280x1024 is supreme commander. But that game has some serious demands.

I can't complain at all for the $120 I paid for it.

well the 8600gts oc's better because it requires a Cord to power it... like the higher-end cards... while the 8600gt can hit gts speeds.. its pretty much limited...

I don't think the extra power means it can overclock more... the card actually needs the power to run at its clocks, so its pretty much the same as if you were using a card that didn't require it...

I don't know though

I don't think the extra power means it can overclock more... the card actually needs the power to run at its clocks, so its pretty much the same as if you were using a card that didn't require it...

I don't know though

i know it doesn't it just overclocks better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom