SLI 40% Performance Increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I've heard most of you guys on the forums say that SLI only gives you a 40% performance increase.

Why is it? Are there any sites that explain this or review them? I've looked, but the SLI reviews only have them for specific cards

when you run SLI it doesnt mean you have the performance of 2 cards. it usually just splits the load so you dont have it all on one card.

if sli actually doubled the performance by X1.9 as they mentioned it would, that would be AMAZING, i would have done it already.
But its not worth paying extra for a good sli mobo,psu and case.

Just get a gtx or ultra...and wait untill next year for the 9800 series (or whenever)
The amount of power that those cards will have...will make it unnecessary for SLI.

Whats the deal on the waiting game, no word on the 9800 from nvidia, go get a gts/gtx and play away. I don't think the waiting game will utilize your card enough to make you have to upgrade.:D

well their is no reason to wait.
I just think SLI is a waste...
And for the games comming out now, im pretty sure the gtx and ultra will handle them with full settings...but you also have to have a good cpu to utilize its potential.

nice sig and avvy krazy

anyways... well I found an article reviewing 8800 gts' in SLI (320 MB) and it seemed to have nearly 75-90% FPS increase off of a single card configuration, doesn't that justify buying a second card rather then having to buy a new more expensive card?

sure theres the matter of extra heat, more power more clutter etc. but thats a small price to pay for a lesser price

nice sig and avvy krazy

anyways... well I found an article reviewing 8800 gts' in SLI (320 MB) and it seemed to have nearly 75-90% FPS increase off of a single card configuration, doesn't that justify buying a second card rather then having to buy a new more expensive card?

sure theres the matter of extra heat, more power more clutter etc. but thats a small price to pay for a lesser price

thanks...you should ask b1gapl if you need help with your sig, hes the best with that.

Well if nvidia actually comes out with drivers that will make sli work the way theyre suppose to, then it maybe a future upgrade for me.
But for now, i think im good.

thanks...you should ask b1gapl if you need help with your sig, hes the best with that.

Well if nvidia actually comes out with drivers that will make sli work the way theyre suppose to, then it maybe a future upgrade for me.
But for now, i think im good.

ahh ok yeah, I guess drivers are a big part of the problem

the way that SLI divides the screen generation seems a bit dumb to me too

theres either the way where it finds which parts can be split horizontally and vertically to have equal GPU utilization or where they both alternate each frame

and no thanks on asking for a sig :p, even if mine suck I like knowing that I made them/it

i use the 163.67 drivers and i get 5300 or so with a single card versus 8200+ with two cards.
you do the math.
its worth it if you do not pay a retail price for the second card.
its totally worth it when my sli 7900's pull the fps of an 8800gts 320.
(but i still want one lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom