Speaker system shakin up the whole dorm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for bringing back natural selection.

Loud music is fine unless it's late at night or really early in the morning. Then you might get lynched, depending on who you live near.

The walls here are really thick and are "close" to soundproof. But its not shakeproof though so shaking the wall or floor are more noticeable than the heavy sound.

Bass is easily transmitted through most buildings even if they are "sound proof". A lot of dormatories have decent wall to wall sound protection but really lack any kind dampening when it comes vertical noise/vibrations. I predict your RA will relay the complaints to you soon enough

LOL It's a good thing bass wouldn't hurt a pc... I've got three in the studio where two dual 18 inch subwoofer bins are pushed pretty hard now and then. Haven't had a issue yet.
(136 SPL for each bin.)

x-5300 and x-5400 have sweet basses, i checked em out at best buy
i'd expect the z-5300 - z-5500 to be even better
<3 logitech

I've had the z-5500's since they came out and they sound amazing, almost no distortion at all with the volume all the way up (which rarely ever happens because stuff starts falling off the walls in my house).

Tru-dat^^

My z-5500's sound better then some high-end home theatres, and they pump bass like you would not believe.

I used to have the x-540's before they blew in a power surge and they are really nice speakers. They have no problems filling a decent sized room with sound.

I own Z-5500D's with an X-Fi XtremeMusic, which I modified

it now has LME49720 OpAmps for all the surround channels, and an LM4562 OpAmp for the bass channel
I also swapped the 220uF power capacitor with a 2200uF one

I think by far the Spherex 5.1 Surround Sound system is the best one there is for the price I got it for.

Beats the Z5500's and even the Bose 2.1 systems that can cost up to $500.00

Edit: Also, nothing related to the speakers or anything but dont want to make a new thread just to talk about it.....

But my CPU temps have gone down quite a bit, like 30C at idle but 40Cs for each core, about. Sometimes my CPU temp is like 10 degrees lower than my Mobo temp.

But ye, it has gone down by around 10~15 degrees compared to like a week ago.

Hope it goes down a bit more. So i can OC it, its normal operating temps are like

CPU: 35C
Cores: 45C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom