its been awhile 800 to spend for a friend (done before i know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
like title says, i have about 7-800$ to spend on a build, going to use newegg.com its been probably 1 year since ive dealt with computers, and not sure of basic things. IE what cpu/mobo/gfx cards to use, he doesnt need a dvd drive or monitor and will be used for basic stuff but i would want it to be decent gaming and some video editing.

i know this topic is extremely over done, out played and beaten to death but i used to suggest parts for people a year or so ago and just askin for some help because my bud needs a comp asap. thanks TF

awesome thank you, i know stupid question but the op system to run now is vista correct? should he get a oem copy or the whole shabang?

If he's looking to play games in DX10 mode, he would need Vista and a DX10 graphic card. The 7900GS I suggested, is a DX9 card.

Just get the OEM. The retail isn't necessary. It's just the pretty box and manual, that's all.

so are u recommending xp? sorry i know what its like to explain basic stuff but is it worth it for someone to get the vista. taking into consideration that the person im building this for is still using dial up and has i believe a p3

also that video card is out of stock any second choices?

Vista is only to be considered, if he's wanting to play the new games in the DX10 mode. Other than that, it's not necessary.

Here's an alternative:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100176L Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

hey b1, im glad you suggested that case...im glad i found it!!!
I just cant wait to get it and find out if it was really worth it!!!

And vista isnt really neceassary at the moment...im only using it cos im getting the 8800 ultra and i want to play dx10.
Vista's got both pros and cons but xp wins over it anyday.
And dont waste your money on retail, just get OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom