should i wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
with the newer processor names from intel and newer chipsets, is it worth waiting for pci express and DDR2?

i dont mind waiting maybe until december (maybe even until april, when i'll get some birthday money to spend some more cash) for new technology to pop out, but is it really worth it?

thats the way technology is; you buy something and it gets outdated within a month

I didn't wait, but many people say I should have. Its your choice, really. I couldn't stand the thought of spending another month on my old HP, so I went ahead and built even though I knew I would be better off waiting in the long run. If you are willing to wait, go ahead. If you can't stand your current system any longer, then build now.

i wouldn't go buying any new technology until it's at least two months old or so, when it comes to processors.... you never know their weak or stong points, and shit ,so just wait for reviews to come out first.

you guys both have good points . . .

i have an hp laptop . . . its pretty good, i just want a good desktop system . . . so i can wait . . .

plus, if the new technology is bad, then i'll get old tech for cheap!

the longer you wait, the older you get.. buy whatever you want.. if YOU want to wait, then wait... stuff gets cheaper the longer wait, but things get older the longer you wait.. and cpu's.. you usually know how good they are before they come out.. as goes for almost all hardware

it also depends on what brands too... like if you get the new x880xt the 1st day it comes out, and u had a ATI before and u really really like them, then get it. But if not, then just wait till websites review it or somthing.

agreed lol, better to be sure that your rig can handle it instead of hoping it can... like mine.. in december, it's time for a whole new rig, mine's already old =/ I want optimal performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom