Ram Timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's gone over 65, the only way i can find the temp is in the bios, i had that easy tune software, but it was useless, i didn't use it for over clocking and it was always 5 or 6 or more degrees off of what the bios would say. so i got rid of it. but now when i run orthos it always reboots. after like I think a minute, i'm afraid to try it again :/ how else can i find the temp, other than the bios? And why might it be rebooting.

EasyTune isn't accurate huh? That's weird...mines dead on. It might be off because of the fan speed could be changing...ET uses a preset for fan speeds that is loaded when you start the program. Anyway, I use everest for temp monitoring.

Try setting the memory multiplier to 2.5 (4:5 ratio) or 3.

I have a timings question aswell...

I recently got a dual channel kit of ram, supposed to have a CAS latency of 4.. However, in the ram tab of CPUZ it shows 5... But in the SPD tab, it shows a column of 4, and then a column of 5? someone make sense of this for me?

Also, is dual channel automatic? or do I have to switch it on?

You probably have to manually set the RAM to CAS4 timings, in the BIOS. The SPD tab shows what your RAM is capable of running, in those columns.

EasyTune isn't accurate huh? That's weird...mines dead on. It might be off because of the fan speed could be changing...ET uses a preset for fan speeds that is loaded when you start the program. Anyway, I use everest for temp monitoring.

Try setting the memory multiplier to 2.5 (4:5 ratio) or 3.

yea, i go into the bios, and it says 41C, and when i get done in there i'll check easytune and it'd say 34 or 35.

I tried raising it to 2.5, but it wouldn't reboot and it reset itself to reboot :/ I don't want to lower the cpu host frequency, but is there any other way. My host frequency is 425mhz. Would i have to raise the overvoltage or somethin' on the ddr2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom