A few motherboard questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

freak67

Baseband Member
hey, i was just wondering if there are any good P35 Intel Motherboards that support crossfire? or is it since ATI bought out AMD they stop making crossfire on Intel boards?

Every P35 chipset supports Crossfire. Why are you limiting yourself, to only Intel motherboards?

Every P35 chipset supports Crossfire. Why are you limiting yourself, to only Intel motherboards?

Not :p, just observing around, my X850xt just died on me a couple weeks ago and i just decided to upgrade, i looked a a AM2 Asus crossfire motherboard (Newegg.com - ASUS M2R32-MVP AM2 AMD 580X CrossFire ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail) and im just looking around to see what will give me the best performace for my money. but if im gonna be spending about 200$ on a new processor i might as well get the Intel Quad core, might not be a Native Quad core, but its still a nice processor for the price.

Btw, thx for the quick reply.

If you're getting a quad core, I would suggest the ASUS P5K Deluxe, or the Abit IP35 Pro. Both very good motherboards. They're not recommended much, as they're near or in the $200 range, but they're great boards.

If you're getting a quad core, I would suggest the ASUS P5K Deluxe, or the Abit IP35 Pro. Both very good motherboards. They're not recommended much, as they're near or in the $200 range, but they're great boards.

Ill be sure to look at those :p thx for the feedback, will proabably be my first Intel build ever since the P4 :D

You WILL be much more satisfied with this build than the hotter than **** pent. 4. And yes, the p5k is an awesome board, sometimes I wish I went for that instead. It wouldnt make much difference for me though since I have an nvidia card.

Just another question, do all the P35 Motherboards have two Pcie x16 slots, one at full pcie 16x and another thats limited to pcie x4? I looked at both the motherboards u recommended and they both showed up the same, would be a bit pointless to go crossfire on em if ones gonna be bottlenecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom