Intel Demonstrates First 32nm Chip and Next-Generation Nehalem Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i didnt buy a quad core cos of the new 45nm processors comming out early next year.
Thats why i got an e6550 instead of the e6750. I will be able to oc my processor easily to 3.0ghz.

And once the newer quads come out...ill still wait for a big for a price cut and then grab one.

just remember that the first 45nm will be server, the second will be core2extreme ($900+), then after that the desktop processors will come out

just remember that the first 45nm will be server, the second will be core2extreme ($900+), then after that the desktop processors will come out

really?
pretty much like the opterons?

I did have an opteron, but idk how much diff they were from athlon x2s.

I will be fine with an e6550 and 8800 ultra...so no probemo...i can wait

Well i didnt buy a quad core cos of the new 45nm processors comming out early next year.
Thats why i got an e6550 instead of the e6750. I will be able to oc my processor easily to 3.0ghz.

And once the newer quads come out...ill still wait for a big for a price cut and then grab one.

This is what we call the waiting game. If you wait for one thing there will ALWAYS be bigger and better just around the bend. I figured a q6600 for 300 bucks was hard to beat, especially since it will be able to easily run every program that comes out for the next 2-3 years, and by the time it needs to be updated there will be something else that is bigger and better.

45nm Xeon and 45nm Core 2 Extreme will come out on November 2007

45nm Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad will come out on January 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom