Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

13owman

Solid State Member
I have a Dell XPS 710 H2C with a QX6700 @ 2.6 Ghz & 1066 FSB in the machine But I also have a Xeon X5355 @ 2.6 Ghz & 1333 FSB. I know the Xeon is gonna hog a little more power but thats OK because I have a 1000 watt PS. My question is would I notice any difference in gaming with the Xeon? I use the computer mainly for games and am not even sure my Mother board will run the Xeon.. its kind of a pain to get the Water cooling system out and change is so before I did that I thought I would post to see if it was even worth it..Thanks in advance

Re: Witch is better?

It is to 3.2 Ghz, I,m assuming I can do the same for the Xeon.

where did u get the xeon from? just keep ur cpu u got now u wont notice a difference

stick with the qx6700.... because the Xeon is more of a server CPU... it can do some gaming... but won't do as well as its Desktop CPU equivalent...

i've wondered how good that "Ultimate 2-stage cooling" was, but if can only take a C2E to 3.2...

I've wondered how good that "Ultimate 2-stage cooling" was, but if can only take a C2E to 3.2...

Thanks for the replies. I could over clock it more but the MB bios only has 2 stages of overclocking 3.0 Ghz and 3.2 Ghz, however with the nTune utility I can overclock to what ever I want. I usually have my house pretty warm so It the ambient temp 78 - 80 F so My computer runs pretty cool considering, @ 3.2 Ghz - 35 degrees C and under load playing games around 55 -65 C.
It wasn't really the amount of clock speed I was hoping to speed but since the FSB. My CPU has 1066 FSB and the Xeon has 1333 so I was hoping I might get more performace with the Xeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom