cpu, mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

compy

Daemon Poster
hey guys, i'm building a mid level gamin comp and i want 400mhz fsb from an athlonxp. is the 3200+ the only one with it? is it worth it? also i still don't know what kind of mobo i should get. tell me wich cpu i should get and the mobo that goes with it. thanks for puting up with my wanting to learn more.

You should step up to the Athlon 64 with the Asus K8V SE Deluxe mobo. You will be much happier in the long run if you go 64-bit.

yeah, what so special about 64 bit, also i'm in kind of a tight budget, i'm only 15 so i don't get a lot of money. also is there some place that compares amd prosscer types to intel types. like witch ones are same? ie: atlonxp 3200+= p4 3.0(i know that's not right, just an example so you get my drift)

i forgot to mention, why are amd's less expensive then intels?

beedubaya said:
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTI0

AMDs are less expensive that intels because they don't bear the brand "Intel Inside." Kinda like clothes (Abercrombie and Fitch is super expensive because of the name.) Its also AMD's marketing strategy to provide a better processor for cheaper.

Thank you for answering that question because I was wondering the same thing. Damn you got a nice comp beedubaya!

alright, i think i'll get the high end xp, i'm not ready for the 64. i'm not going to be able to aford the os when it comes and let alone the processor. anyways it said there wasn't to much of a differnce between the 64 and the xp i think. like i said i'm on a tight budget and it seems the xp is better for gaming and a much better price. should i go with the higher end xp or lower end? yes and well put with the intel amd, now i'm not afraid the amd's are just cheap, but they sure as heck are hot!

Musjunk22 said:
Thank you for answering that question because I was wondering the same thing. Damn you got a nice comp beedubaya!

his video card is the only thing thats nice :p jk

compy said:
alright, i think i'll get the high end xp, i'm not ready for the 64. i'm not going to be able to aford the os when it comes and let alone the processor. anyways it said there wasn't to much of a differnce between the 64 and the xp i think. like i said i'm on a tight budget and it seems the xp is better for gaming and a much better price. should i go with the higher end xp or lower end? yes and well put with the intel amd, now i'm not afraid the amd's are just cheap, but they sure as heck are hot!

ugh...the 64's have an FSB of 1600, the Xp's...no where near that. 64's are overall faster in everything. However i understand you tight budget, i have one too. I am going with a 64 but you should go with a XP. AMD's ARE NOT CHEAPO!!!!! They are by far better than Intel, cause intel raises prices on everything nowadays, and they just arent as good. Yes go with AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom