How much power do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavyartillery

Beta member
For a relatively low end system running a Pentium Dual Core chip? What are the determining factors in choosing the PSU? If I bought a case (yes, it's cheap, this is a low budget build) with a 430W PSU, should I be worried or plan to buy something seperate? Thanks!

Definitely buy a PSU seperate from the case. You'll never need over like 500 watt. Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX450-PN ATX12V 450W Power Supply 110/240V NEMKO, TUV, CSA, IEC, UL, CE - Retail That's a really good, Cheap 450 watter.

if he ever has plans to upgrade within 10 years, he should just go and get himself a minimum 520 and generally a 600 watt psu...

the stock case one will do you fine, just be sure to have cash at hand incase it dies (mine did, a 450 watter in about half a year of 24/7 usage)

for your pc, that will supply enough power, but it may not be stable (its ok) and won't have a great life

in ten years we may "need" 2000watt power supplies. ten years is way too far ahead to think about in the computer world.
as of right now, that 450 m733mhz suggested is fine if you arent going to run sli graphics cards or a really high end single card.

in ten years we may "need" 2000watt power supplies. ten years is way too far ahead to think about in the computer world.
as of right now, that 450 m733mhz suggested is fine if you arent going to run sli graphics cards or a really high end single card.

haha thats to true, in some of the newer houses there including one or two wall sockets that can handle more wattage, as some people have 1000W psu plus a printer 2 monitors externa hard drives, a modem, router, and a 600wat sound system. and then they wonder why there house burnt down lol. these sockets dont put out that much energy. so becarefull what u plug into the wall.

You gotta remember if a PSU goes down if has the potential to take out everything with it, It's not something I'd toy with.

haha thats to true, in some of the newer houses there including one or two wall sockets that can handle more wattage, as some people have 1000W psu plus a printer 2 monitors externa hard drives, a modem, router, and a 600wat sound system. and then they wonder why there house burnt down lol. these sockets dont put out that much energy. so becarefull what u plug into the wall.

lol or like forty sets of christmas lights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom