burning a video on a cd writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaintPall

Baseband Member
so my computer has a cd writer / dvd rom and i need to burn this 10 minute long video onto a cd, i wouldnt think this would be possible (because i dont have a dvd burner) but i've done it before i just dont remember how i did it, but i know its possible, before i used a dvd cd to do it, the video is only around 120 mb. whenever i try to do it via windows media player or opening the D drive inserting the video and pressing "write to cd" it tells me i dont have a blank cd to write it with. can anyone tell me how to be able to do this? thanks a lot! btw the cd im using now to do it with is the exact same cd as i burned the other video with, and im positive the cd im usin is blank

anyone know?
i need this 10 min video for a school presentation and i dont care how it gets to the computer at school as long as its not via the internet, cuz the school internet is slow and it'd take forever to download the file, and i dont have a portable usb either, im up to try anything i really need this video

Then get a USB stick. They go for about $10 for the size you need. Then you wont have this problem. :p

To elaborate on what EricB said...

A data cd is just the file, like on your hd, but on a cd. You browse to it on the computer and play it.

A VCD is a video-cd, it will play on -some- DVD players. You need special software for this. Pretty sure nero and ati can both do it, or google VCD burner and I'm sure you'll find something.

ok but before i do that r u sure its not the cd im using? because when i try to burn it it says no writable CD detected, is it maybe because the cd is "16x" ? the other one i burned the movie on was 8x, maybe 16 is too fast or somethin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom